Wednesday, December 17, 2014

2014 FCS Playoff Semifinals



We are down to the Semifinals of the FCS Football Playoff. It has been quite exciting so far. The last round I found myself going 3-1 with Sam Houston State pulling off another upset. That puts me at a 14-6 record so far in the playoffs. In the Final Four of the FCS Playoff we have the #1 seed New Hampshire taking on the #5 seed Illinois State, and the surprising team of the playoff unseeded Sam Houston State takes on #2 North Dakota State. I have been very impressed with how all four of these teams have been playing, especially Sam Houston State. I have to give the Bearkats a lot of credit, I didn't see them getting out of the 1st round, and I did not pick them to win any of the games since then.North Dakota State has come away with some close wins which always makes for exciting games. New Hampshire has been dominating throughout the playoff, and Illinois State has been blowing away opponents. So let's see who I think will move into the FCS Championship game.

The first game will be played on Friday at 8:00 pm et, and will feature the Cinderella Sam Houston State and the reigning 3-time champions North Dakota State. So I said earlier that I have picked against the Bearkats every game and they have won every time, and you would think that now I would finally pick them to win right? Wrong. No matter how great Sam Houston State has been I am not going to pick against the current champions. I think North Dakota State will be the team that is too much for the Bearkats to handle. North Dakota has too many weapons that Sam Houston State just isn't ready for. I see North Dakota State coming away with the victory by a score of 27-16.

he second game will played on Saturday at 2:00 pm et, and will feature two of the best offenses in the playoff. The New Hampshire Wildcats will look to knock off the Illinois State Redbirds from championship hopes. Both of these teams are averaging over 35 points per game and are only allowing 21.2 points per game. I think this will be one of the best games so far in the playoff. I expect this to be a back and forth battle of scoring. It will be close throughout the entire game. This will be a game that does not lack in the action department. These teams are very even with each other, and New Hampshire has the home field advantage. The problem is that New Hampshire doesn't get a very big crowd out to the games, so I'm taking the home field advantage out on this one. Like I said before it will be a close game with a lot of action, but ultimately I think Illinois State has been playing better through the playoff. I think Illinois State wins it by a field goal with a score of 35-32.

Feel free to subscribe to my blog to keep up with my latest writings. For more news and predictions you can:
Like me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sportscognition
Follow me on Twitter @SportsCogBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment