Saturday, December 6, 2014

Conference Championship Predictions




I'm going to go through a little run through of my predictions for the Conference Championships today. Today there will be 10 teams playing to become the champions of their conference.

First let's start with Conference USA. The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (8-4, 7-1 C-USA) will take on the Marshall Thundering Herd (11-1, 7-1 C-USA). Marshall has been plowing through their opponents all year with exception to Western Kentucky, who beat them by one point in OT. I see Marshall coming back in this game hungry and ready to show the Bulldogs why they are a force to be reckoned with. I expect Marshall to get back on track and beat Louisiana Tech easily. Marshall is a -9.5 favorite, but I expect them to beat the spread and win by a score of 41-29.

Next up is the SEC Championship game between the Missouri Tigers (10-2, 7-1 SEC) and the Alabama Crimson Tide (11-1, 7-1 SEC). Both of these teams have really good defenses so it should be a tough game for both offenses. However, Maty Mauk, quarterback for Missouri has been very inconsistent with his play. He has been doing better the last couple of games since his receivers have returned from injury. I just can't see Missouri getting past Alabama. Alabama is -14.5 favorite, but I only see them winning by 11 with a score of 31-20.

Now for the ACC. The Florida State Seminoles (12-0, 8-0 ACC) will play the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (10-2, 6-2 ACC). Many fans are just waiting to see the downfall of Jameis Winston, and the way he has been playing the last couple of weeks, they almost got to see it. But, the Seminoles have found a way to get the win. I think Jameis Winston will struggle in this game with everything he's been going through the last day or two. Florida State has been to close to losing some games and I think this game will be his first ever loss as a starting college quarterback. Florida State is a -4 favorite, but I like Georgia Tech to get the win against the Seminoles. I say Georgia Tech wins by a score of 31-30.

Now we move on to the Big Ten Championship game between the Wisconsin Badgers (10-2, 7-1 Big Ten) and the Ohio State Buckeyes (11-1, 8-0 Big Ten). This is going to be a tough game for both teams. Melvin Gordon is a beast and Ohio State is dealt with the task of trying to stop him, but I think they are up to it. I don't think Ohio State will completely shut him down, but they will keep him from running all over them. Another thing that Ohio State has going against them is that they are down to their third string quarterback. With all of this said I still like the Buckeyes to come away with a win. I trust Urban Meyer to have this team mentally prepared for the task at hand. Wisconsin is a -4.5 favorite, but I think Ohio State with pull off a close win by a score of 38-37.

For the Mountain West Conference it will the the Fresno State Bulldogs (6-6, 5-3 MW) taking on the Boise State Broncos (10-2, 7-1 MW) in what I consider to be the biggest lopsided game out of all of these. Ultimately Boise State will be too much for the Bulldogs to handle. Fresno State won't get totally destroyed, but they are going to have to comeback in the second half to win. Boise State is a -23 favorite, but I'm going to play it safe and say that they will only win by 17 with a score of 35-18.

For more info and predictions you can:
Like me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sportscognition
Follow me on Twitter: @SportsCogBlog


No comments:

Post a Comment