Saturday, December 6, 2014

2014 FCS Playoffs Round 2


Today starts the second round of the FCS Playoffs. This is my first year really paying any attention to the FCS, but I really like how they have their playoff system. Last week I made predictions on the first round of the playoffs and went 5-3. I only have 21 Likes on Facebook and I need 4 more in order to have a Facebook web address, but you can find the link on the bottom of this blog.

The Second Round of the FCS Playoffs start today at 1:00 pm et. So without any further ado, here are my predictions:

Fordham (11-2) vs New Hampshire (10-1). New Hampshire enters this year's playoffs as the #1 seed. Many are expecting New Hampshire to make a run to the Championship game, but I am not one of those people. I think Fordham will knock New Hampshire out of the playoffs today by a score of 36-32.

Indiana State (8-5) vs Chattanooga (9-3). Indiana State surprised me when they defeated Eastern Kentucky, but I think their surprising ends today against Chattanooga. Chattanooga wins by a score of 29-15.

Richmond (9-4) vs Coastal Carolina (11-1). I think Coastal Carolina are faster and more athletic than Richmond and will be too much for them to handle. Coastal Carolina wins by a score of 32-20.

Sam Houston (9-4) vs Jacksonville State (11-1). Jacksonville State has been a pretty awesome team and fun to watch this year. I think Jacksonville State has what it takes to reach the finals and they will make a step towards that today against Sam Houston. Jacksonville State wins by a score of 30-23.

Northern Iowa (9-4) vs Illinois State (11-1). These two Missouri Valley Football Conference teams will battle it out to see who gets to move on to the next round. Illinois State lost to Northern Iowa earlier this season, but I don't think they will share the same fate this time around. This will be a very good game to watch, but ultimately Illinois State wins by a score of 33-28.

South Dakota State (9-4) vs North Dakota State (11-1). Another pair of Missouri Valley Football Conference teams face off against each other in the battle of Dakotas. North Dakota State has won the championship the last three years. They are the powerhouse in the FCS. North Dakota State rolled past South Dakota State earlier this year by a score of 37-17. I think this game will see less scoring from North Dakota State, but ultimately they get the job done against South Dakota State with a score of 27-13.

Montana (9-4) vs Eastern Washington (10-2). These two teams from the Big Sky Conference will go head-to-head in what should be a very exciting game with lots of scoring. Eastern Washington defeated Montana a month ago by 10 points and I think they beat them again, but this one will be a little bit closer. I see Eastern Washington winning by a score of 39-35.

Liberty (9-4) vs Villanova (10-2). Villanova has been tearing it up this season. While Liberty edged James Madison last week by 5 points, I don't expect to see anything close to that outcome against Villanova. I see Villanova putting Liberty away by a score of 33-21.

For more predictions and info you can:
Like me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sports-Cognition/1551536458393758
Follow me on Twitter @SportsCogBlog

1 comment: